Friday, December 31, 2010

That was fun

I just came back from possibly the most epic vacation of my life (assuming three months sleeping in a tent on the ground does not count as a vacation and is instead in some separate category all together).  Three days on Safari in Kruger, a night in good old Swaziland, and a week in Mozambique where I got to go DIVING in TOFO and it was REALLY REALLY GOOD.

Also...Maputo has lots of gelato, real espresso, and chocolate croissants.  I am deeply in favor of every single thing that has happened to me in the last 13 days, with the possible exception of spending 8 hours of my life in a bus packed with 35 adults and between 6 and 8 breastfeeding infants.  (They weren't always breast feeding though, sometimes their mom's would intersperse the breast milk with orange fanta.  Thats healthy.)

I have an insane amount of pictures, but I also have an insanely slow internet connection.  I promise to actually put some thoughts together and post those relatively soon though.  I know I say that a lot, but this time I mean it.


Also...I wish I was still drinking espresso and eating chocolate croissants in Maputo.  Next to a giant cement sculpture of an iguanadon.  Like you do.

Or hanging out with lions.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Well, if you could only post one picture, that's a good one!