Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Apples and Bananas

“In view of the importance of the study, and the fact that the study is in accordance with ethical and scientific standards, the committee therefore grants you authority to conduct the study in Swaziland.”

I have been granted authority.  Boom.

My essential follow up question to this is: Does dropping banana bread off at the Ministry of Health count as a bribe?  What if I only dropped it off after I get my letter?  Because step two is approval through Johns Hopkins (hopefully this will take under two months – probably more like 3-5 days).  I’m willing to overnight some banana bread, if that’s what it takes.  I was really hoping to start interviewing people by this weekend, but it looks like that’s not going to happen.  I’m strongly considering hopping on a 25 hour bus and going to Cape Town to drink some wine instead.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, if you go, see if you can get the name of that last winery we went to. I may have had too much to drink to remember. :)