Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Distinctive Writing Styles FTW

Um…I’ve already said this to everyone I think, but in case you were still worried: I’m not in London, I’ve never been to London – though I hear it is a very nice city.  I haven’t been mugged -- at gun point or otherwise -- and wiring $1,900 to a random Nigerian bank account is not going to do me any good.  If you really like, I have my very own US bank account that you are welcome to donate to, but I’d be just as happy with a link to a youtube video of a monkey riding a turtle while wearing a cowboy hat.  Or something equally awesome.
I have to say, it makes me deeply happy that about 90% of the people I talked to in the wake of my brief flirtation with email disaster said something along the lines of, “Oh…I knew it wasn’t Becca.  She would never use so many comma splices.”  And people say that Comparative Literature is a useless undergrad major.

2 comments:

Maria said...

It's not a monkey with a cowboy hat, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZqZWbmXK4

Ian said...

I'm slightly offended that the Nigerians didn't want my money :)