Friday, June 06, 2008

Hang Tough Napoleon

Well. I forgot to write up a blog entry this week, I was too busy map-painting. But what I do have for you is...pictures! From Steenbok, and also my trip to Lesotho a few months ago that was very pretty.


















My map!! We've been practicing our geography all week. Also, my hands and arms are blue.





















The beginnings of a school library at Gebhundlovu Primary.



















Me and my horse in Lesotho. The horse was hungry. I was sunburnt.
















A National Geographic worthy shot in Lesotho. These are two of the kids who hung out with us in the mountain village where we stayed overnight.


















Sunrise and a Marula tree in Steenbok.

2 comments:

TJ said...

did you remember the persian gulf this time? heheheheheh oh memories...

Rozanne M said...

Becca: I hope this gets through. I finally was able to read this blog of yours, after many tries, since Peggy, told me one day that she was reading a blog of yours. It took many many tries to get the blog to my computer, and finally only worked when I asked Peggy to download it & send it to me; which she did this weekend, so I've finally been able to read it. I started weeping about halfway through the first paragraph. You are so eloquent in your sensibility! I feel, reading your words, almost what it might be like to be walking that morning walk, or taking the bus. So beautiful a gift, and how genrous a spirit you have to share your particular slant. Thank you. I wish i could reach the blog site on my own & go back to read all the earlier pieces you've written. I don't know why it doesn't come up for me, when I put in "slanteafrica.blogsport.com", which is the address Peggy gave me, and reads you at, I just get a white,"cannot show page" message. I've tried it dozens of times at different times of day, but no luck. Oh well.
If you do more, could you possibly find a way to send me a link? I am at rozannemiller@gmail.com. I would so like to re-establish a connection with you. I know we haven't seen or spoken much over the last several years, but I would so like an opportunity to change that. One of the things that has been occuring for me in my life as I am aging, is that I am more & more aware of the desire I have to try to build increased connection with my family. Reading your blog has given me even greater intention.
So you will complete your 2 year assignment soon. And you plan to travel? Where will you go? What is your time plan regarding a return to California? Please, if you can, answer this message.