Monday, July 24, 2006

Day 1.5 in Philly

Well, I can't get blogspot to work at the moment, so I'll just post here and cut and paste later. Today is my first official day of peace corps staging. I'm sitting in a hotel in the historic district of Philadelphia, getting ready to go check out a few touristy things and then head to lunch with a bunch of my training class whom I've previously met online.

Last night was excellent, Nicolette and I got into town at about 11pm, I met my roommate for the next few days -- who is wonderful, and then we headed out to find something to eat. We discovered this cool irish pub with a kitchen thats open until 1 only a few blocks away and sat outside just people watcing for a few hours. Philly has one hell of a nightlife, even at 1am on a Sunday people were all over the place. Actually, its a lot like New York, only in miniature.

I was so terrified the night before last. I was having panic attacks, and freaking out over nothing, and breaking down. But now -- now I am so excited I can't believe it. This is going to be great!!!!!!

No comments: