Friday, November 24, 2006

Disjointed Thoughts

My laptop battery died so I didn't get to type up any sort of elaborate eloquent post to put up today, so instead you just get some random thoughts as they occur to me:

  • My house was hit by lightning, and everything electronic that I was was blown out by a power surge. There are also scorch marks on my walls and I am still sweeping up bits of plaster. Fun, huh? I wasn't in the room at the time, and wasn't hurt. Fortunately, neither was my computer.
  • I am worth at least 30 cows, in terms of lobola (bride price). But I might be too expensive to marry since I don't eat pap.
  • Grade R (kindergarten) graduations are pretty much the most adorable things ever.
  • I don't know what the hell is going on with my mail, but hold off on any packages or letters you may be sending -- I think I'm going to get a new address since nothing is getting to me.

Thats all for now, sorry to be brief. Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've already mailed you a package! Will they route it to you I hope?

Tessa

Becca said...

1.The package should probably get to me no problem. Thank you so much!!!

2. 30 cows is very high, I'm doing well.

3. Pap is essentially corn meal and water mixed to form a stiff sort of porridge. It looks a lot like mashed potatoes and tastes a lot like...nothing.